Custom-ordered Wedding Gownns
This refers to the ordering and making of a gown that might not be available in the store to suit a bride’s needs in terms of:
- Colour – Most gowns come in brilliant white or off-white. A bride may like to have a dress in other bridal colours like champagne, ivory or blush pink.
- Size – A bride might want a dress in a bigger or smaller size, or a dress that suits her height.
- Design – Some brides may like the top in one gown to be combined with the bottom of another gown in the store, or she might want a completely new, one of a kind dress that is not found in the store.
- Material – A bride may want to have the design of a particular dress from the store in a different material from the one available.
- Religion/Culture – Due to a bride’s cultural or religious background, she would opt for a gown with full sleeves and a high neck line.
Whatever the reason, this will involve a bride placing an order with our collaborating factory. This would take 20 to 30 days to make, ship and deliver to Ellens bridal. If a bride would prefer a faster delivery, express services are also available. These usually take three to four working days, in addition to three days for shipment. Therefore, she would have her dress in a week.
But you don’t have to source your gown from abroad, there are many talented Kenyan designers Ellens Bridal can refer you to, to create and make your dream gown.
And as usual, we love to give our lovely Ellens brides our take on the pros and cons of custom ordered wedding gowns.
- Any bride would love a unique gown that has never been seen or worn by anybody else. But, there is also the sweet satisfaction of seeing your idea from your mind in terms of the colour, material and design you chose, come to life. In addition, you have the bragging rights of coyly mentioning that you designed the dress when somebody asks about your gown.
- Custom ordered gowns are not only unique, but also flattering to your body because it is specifically made to your body specifications and shape.
- For many brides, time is normally a foe and not a friend. You might not have the time to go to different bridal stores and try different gowns to suit you. By ordering, you save on time and it takes away the worry of not finding the dress of your dreams.
- The most important factor when it comes to trying on your future gown is seeing how you would look in it. When it comes to custom orders, you don’t get to see and fit your gown until it is delivered. For many brides, this might be worrisome. We normally advise brides to try gowns in the store that have the same silhouette or design as the one they would like to order, so that the bride-to-be gets an idea of how she would look in it.
- Since you only get to see it at the end, the outcome may not meet your expectations.
- In addition, there is a small window for a future bride to make a complaint, change her order or get a refund if the results are unsatisfactory.
- The gown is normally ordered two inches bigger to allow for alterations.
- Since it’s a single order and some modifications to the gown acquire additional charges, the dress will cost more than the other dresses in the store.